This position plays a major role in a guest's dinner and/or bar experience. Consistency is a key element in a positive experience, which is achieved by always following recipes. A bartender must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. A bartender should be organized and able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Ensure all required work cards are kept in good standing at all times.
- Welcome each guest personally within 30 seconds.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through bartender's actions.
- Work as a team with all Big Chicken's personnel to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to Big Chicken's standards at all times.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes.
- Ring drink orders into computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served and make change.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in agreement with Big Chicken's standards.
- Be attentive! Offer assistance before the guest has to ask for it.
- Count drinks guests are served.
- Place current bar tabs in front of guests at all times.
- Verify guest’s ID’s in accordance with Company standards.
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Should a guest reach the state where the bartender does not feel the guest should drive, supply a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask for management intervention if necessary.
- Report to all scheduled shifts no later than the scheduled start time.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Customer Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates behind the bar and may be working in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping and tripping.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Walk and stand during entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Frequently wash hands.
- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
- Be able to hear and talk.
- Good close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus between the two.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience working in a restaurant.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and familiarity with standard drink recipes.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience as a bartender.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 21 or older.
- Must maintain an applicable state health and/or alcohol compliance card.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.