Dining Room Attendant
This position plays a major role in a guest's dinner and/or bar experience. Dining Room Attendants may be assigned server, cashier, or runner duties, and will be cross trained in each capacity as needed. Dining Room Attendants will be responsible for greeting guests, taking and delivering orders, assisting with food preparation, and handling monetary transactions as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Ensure all required work cards are kept in good standing at all times.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through attendant’s actions.
- Work as a team with all Big Chicken's personnel to maintain an effective atmosphere and an efficient food and beverage service.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to Big Chicken's standards at all times.
- Ability to sell alcohol and food items.
- Able to use a computer to ring orders on a check.
- Able to accept different types of payment and make change.
- Ability to clear and reset tables.
- Be attentive! Offer assistance before the guest has to ask for it.
- Count drinks guests are served.
- Verify guest’s ID’s in accordance with Company standards.
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Should a guest reach the state where the bartender does not feel the guest should drive, supply a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask for management intervention if necessary.
- Report to all scheduled shifts no later than the scheduled start time.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Customer Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a Restaurant environment and may be working in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping and tripping.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Walk and stand during entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Frequently wash hands.
- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
- Be able to hear and talk.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience working in a Restaurant setting.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 21 or older.
- Must maintain an applicable state health and/or alcohol compliance card.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.