The cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportions food for serving.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer Focus
- Flexibility (to varying food demands)
- Stress Management / Composure
- Attention to Detail
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire, and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Walk and stand during entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Frequently wash hands.
- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
- Be able to hear and talk.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience working as a cook in a Restaurant Kitchen setting.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 21 or older.
- Must maintain an applicable state health and/or alcohol compliance card.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.